Praxair Product Safety
Minimize product risk
Praxair's team of business, engineering, operations and safety experts examines the potential environmental, health and safety risks of new products. Review the entire life cycle of the product, including raw material procurement, production, distribution, use and disposal.
Praxair uses the following key management systems to improve product safety:
- Risk review: Discover potential risks, design features, and management systems at each stage of the product life cycle to minimize risks.
- Product design safety: Consider how the product is used or misused, and identify design features to mitigate potential hazards.
- Purchasing specifications and management: Check whether the requirements and specifications of purchasing materials are met.
- Production control: Establish procedures and train personnel to ensure that product quality always meets product specification requirements.
- Distribution and installation control: Establish procedures and train personnel to ensure the safe delivery and storage of products and customer applications.
- Hazard Communication: General information on the safe use and disposal of products through the rational use of Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS), product identification, product instruction manuals, and customer training and support.
- Product Disposal: Establish procedures to discover products that are no longer suitable for customer use, refurbish, replace, or dispose of them, and keep the environment safe.
- Accident Reporting and Investigation: Report, investigate and analyze accidents involving product misuse and handling to learn more about product risk and take corrective actions.